THE NEW LOOK OF PROPANE
With the help of industry volunteers led by PERC's Advisory Committee, PERC has completed a research project on the ideal positioning for propane. The result is a new brand identity for propane, anchored by a new tagline: PROPANE Clean American Energy™. The new brand will replace PROPANE Exceptional Energy® branding.
The Council has also developed a dedicated propane autogas logo for use on propane-autogas-powered vehicles, dispensers, and propane-autogas-specific marketing materials. The logo was created to help distinguish propane autogas from propane used in other applications, as well as build brand recognition in vehicles and fueling stations.
PERC conducted extensive qualitative and quantitative research to arrive at the new brand identity. The research included surveying residential users (current and prospective customers), landscape contractors, fleet managers, and propane marketers. Research participants evaluated a variety of new brand options, as well as the PROPANE Exceptional Energy® brand. The new brand, PROPANE Clean American Energy™, performed significantly better among all audiences.
Why Update the Propane Brand?
Watch the video to hear Roy Willis, president and CEO of PERC, explain the development of the new brand. The change in the propane brand identity reflects changes in the marketplace, including the following:
- The development of new propane technology in a variety of applications - beyond home heating and cooking - has made propane an appealing alternative to gasoline and diesel.
- U.S. propane production has increased significantly, making the fuel truly American-made.
- More residential customers are making efforts to use energy that's good for the planet and for our country.
As the industry evolved, it became necessary for propane's identity to evolve as well.
Using the New Propane Brand
Put the new PROPANE Clean American Energy™ logo to work for your business right away. Begin by visiting the Propane MaRC to download the new logo files and usage guidelines. Use the checklist below for suggestions for placing the new logo.
Around the office
- Business cards.
In the field
- Bobtails and other trucks (unless powered by propane autogas).
- Promotional items for customers (such as T-shirts, pens, and magnets).
- Advertisements (print and TV).
- Printed collateral (such as brochures, flyers, and mail inserts).
- Banners and other event signage.
- Logos that are part of sponsorships or association memberships (such as homebuilder association sponsorships).
- Social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Email signatures.
Using the Propane Autogas Logo
Download the Propane Autogas Logo and Guidelines package from the Propane MaRC. It has all the details you need to utilize the new logo correctly and make it work for your business.
Use the PROPANE AUTOGAS Clean American Energy™ logo in the following places:
- Propane-autogas-powered vehicles.
- Propane autogas dispensers.
- Propane-autogas-specific marketing materials. (Please note: If the material represents one or more of the propane markets in addition to propane autogas, use only the overarching PROPANE Clean American Energy™ logo)