Back to press releases
Propane Industry Unveils New Safety and Training Website
Washington, DC (February 4, 2005) — The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) recently launched the redesigned www.propanesafety.com, a website that provides propane professionals and emergency responders with in-depth safety and training information.
“The safety and training website will offer an efficient way to communicate new programs and maintain constantly updated safety materials to the propane industry and emergency responders,” said Safety & Training Advisory Committee Chairman Cliff Slisz, who is manager of safety for Ferrellgas (Liberty, MO). “This new website is just one example of our ongoing commitment to providing the best information to the propane industry. We encourage user comments to help us provide the best materials possible.”
The website includes:
- A Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) section, which includes updates to CETP materials and information about the new CETP materials provided to the industry.
- The Propane Emergencies program, including a student workbook, note-taking guide, and emergency response scenarios.
- The National Trainer Database, which is available to state executives and other interested parties, provides objective information to be used in the selection of trainers.
- The Propane Regulatory Compliance section, including a searchable compilation of all federal compliance regulations from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that apply to propane marketers.
- The updated Initial OSHA/DOT Training, “First 90 Day Training,” is also available on the website within the Regulatory Compliance section. It includes an updated security section and allows individuals to receive the required hazardous materials employee training in a convenient format. Also at the end of each module, one is able to print a certificate of completion. The training program will also be available to purchase on a CD-ROM through the Propane Industry Resource Catalog in February 2005.
- The GAS Check® section, including information and access to revised materials which will be provided when they are made available.
- A resource library, including the recently released Fire Safety Analysis and other future industry funded initiatives.
- A link to the Propane Industry Resource Catalog, with safety and training materials offered at a reduced rate to industry members.